QUOTE

FOTD #1 Valentine's Day appropriate

Saturday, February 15, 2014


Now, I know that Valentine's Day was yesterday and I should've posted this way earlier. But I was so busy last week that I couldn't post anything! So I'm incredibly sorry for neglecting my blog for a few days, but today I have a FOTD for you all! I wore this type of look yesterday when I went out to have dinner with my boyfriend, so I thought I'd create it again and show you guys.

For my base, I wanted something youthful. I'm a big fan of dewy foundation and I absolutely love Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I just apply a little bit in the center of my face and buff it outwards. For me this gives the right amount of coverage that I like, since my skin is pretty clear. For under the eyes, I used Maybelline The Eraser in the shade Fair. This gives good coverage and also brightens the eyes really nice. 
As I just mentioned, I like a dewy finish so I only powder underneath my eyes and around the nose for extra coverage and to make sure the area stays matte all day. I used the Laura Mercier Foundation Powder in no. 2. On my cheeks I'm wearing Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Color in Rose Bloom.

I have to say, before I go on to eyes. I used A LOT of Laura Mercier products. That's simply because they are one of my favorite and because I used the Fall Favorites Color Clutch from 2010 which contains some great products that you can buy individually as well. So I will be referring to the individual products from now on and link them for you guys.


Now on to eyes. I used three shadows (Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colors and Sateen Eye Color) to create a romantic yet very smokey eye look. I first took Cashmere, which is a matte lilac shade into the crease with a crease brush. After that, I took Stellar, a creme shade with little specks of silver shimmer over the lid and blended Stellar and Cashmere together. To give the look a bit of warmth I took Truffle, a matte dark brown shade, in the outer corner. I layered the colors over each other to build up the color until I was happy with the result. I applied that same shade Truffle to the lower lashline and blended that all the way inwards. And to finish it off, I took Stellar again I used that as a highlight. The Laura Mercier shadows are one of my favorite. They are super buttery, super pigmented and super easy to blend.

Next up, the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black to slightly line the upper lashline for some definition, and Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express Mascara for bombshell lashes.

For eyebrows I used Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 004 Black Brown, this color is great for girls with really dark eyebrows and it's also really cheap!



Finally, for lips I used the Essence Stay Matte Lip Cream in 03 Soft Nude. A very dark, brown toned nude that goes really well with my complexion (this may be discontinued, since I couldn't find this exact shade) And the Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in After Hours, a beautiful milky pink shade with slight shimmer (nothing too obnoxious) that is great for everyday. But unfortunately I think this shade has been discontinued..

How was your Valentine's Day? XO



6 comments

  1. Ohmygosh Leia you are so gorgeous. Love the makeup:) I just wanted to thank you for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I've actually already done it, I think sometime last year right after I started blogging, but it means a lot to me that you read my blog since I absolutely love yours. Thanks again! xx Kristina
    succhisimples.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I didn't know! Anyway, no problem! And thank you too for reading my blog, I love yours too! XO

      Delete
  2. Nice post! you're so so gorgeous(beautiful eyes and well preserved skin ) thanks for having visited my blog and hope to see you more often there. xx
    www.wallaceyolicia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to see more of you as well!! X

      Delete
  3. You are so beautiful!

    Kristine | tinikc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LEIA ON FIRE. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.