QUOTE

Review #1 Stila smudge stick waterproof eyeliner

Saturday, February 1, 2014


Normally, I'm really fussy with khôl eyeliner. It's too harsh, too soft, not black enough, smudges everywhere, tugs on my eyes, bla-bla-bla I can keep on going. That's why I prefer liquid liner. I love the Stila stay all day waterproof liquid liner, so I was super excited to try something from the same line. Stila claims that these liners are a waterproof formula and won't budge or fade. There are 31 colors in total, you can choose from matte colors to ultra shimmery colors. So, I'm putting them to the test. They are very pigmented, which is nice to work with because you don't need much product. That's something that I'm looking for in a khôl liner. But since this product is in a twist-up pencil, there's only about 0.3 grams actually in the packaging.



Bluefin
Stingray     

I've had these liners for quite some time but as I just mentioned, I don't really like khôl liner. I have two in the colors: Stingray and Bluefin. First of all, I love those names! Now, I have to say the packaging isn't all that great. It looks nice, but it's not practical. It's a twist-up sorta pencil, which is handy, but you cannot twist down afterwards! I had to break some of the product off because I couldn't get it back into the packaging no matter what. I can't really complain all too much, because this was stated on Stila's website. But I did find that somewhat disappointing, since these aren't the cheapest pencils.




Stingray
Stingray is a jet black color, perfect for lining the upper lash line or for tight lining to create a thicker looking lash line. I had this on the back of my hand the whole day and when I tried to wash it off with water it did not move! So this formula definitely is waterproof.
Bluefin
At first I thought Bluefin was a metallic blue, and I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something a little bit more wearable, but after looking closing to my swatch, I realized that it was actually a very unique color. It's a deep blue color with some specks of gold running through it. This is such a nice alternative to black, if you want something a little less harsh or if you are looking for a pop of color in your makeup routine, this is the one for you.


Yellow lighting, Bluefin (left) and Stingray (right)
Natural lighting, Bluefin (left) and Stingray (right)
So, I've tested these liners out, and I have to say, I really like them. I don't think they are "budge proof", I've worn these on my waterline and lower lash line for over 12 hours and this definitely transferred to my under eye. But honestly, I didn't expect a méga soft khôl pencil to last 12 HOURS. After a while, the eye area can get a little bit oily (at least I do) and the oil breaks your makeup down. 12 hours is a very long time, and I don't think my khôl liner ever lasted as long as this one did. Even though it did transfer to my under eye, it was only a tiny, tiny bit! They are very soft, very pigmented and very worth the money! These liners retail for $20 and there are tons of colors. So there's something for everyone. Also these liners are really easy to smudge out and great to use as an eyeshadow base. You can purchase Stila at Sephora and the Stila website. Have you tried these eyeliners? And what is your favorite khôl eyeliner? XO









No comments

Post a Comment

LEIA ON FIRE. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.