QUOTE

Review #2 50 shades of bronzer

Wednesday, February 5, 2014



I've had the Gurlain Terracotta 4 seasons bronzer (what a mouth full!) for some time now. In the summer I like to use the darker shades and in the winter the lighter shades. But because I'm relatively fair in the winter, I sometimes want something even lighter. When I was in the drugstore, I spotted this NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder (and another mouth full!) and thought this might be a cheaper and lighter alternative to my Gurlain bronzer. Now, I'm well aware that the NYC Color Wheel is a FACE POWDER and not a BRONZER. But, unfortunately, I missed that before I bought it. It just looked so similar in the way that there are different shades in the pan, and yeah, I got lured in.



The Gurlain Terracotta bronzer has beautiful packaging. I don't think I've ever seen a bronzer that looked more beautiful than this one. It has a mirror (which is great for on the go), but it's also pretty heavy (which is not so great for on the go). The product itself is sooo smooth, and just glides over the skin. It's pigmented, blends really well, and just looks very natural! It is completely matte, so it's great for contouring as well. But, I have to say that I don't want to use this every single day. It's ultra expensive at $75, and I don't want to say goodbye just yet. This bronzer is available in 6 shades, this one in particular is called blondes. I'm not a blonde, but I do think these colors go well with my complexion. There's also sheer blondes, sheer brunettes, brunettes, nude, and ebony. Nude and ebony also have a pink shade in them. Sheer blondes and sheer brunettes are I believe matte and shimmer, and blondes and brunettes are just matte.


The NYC Color Wheel is actually a face powder. It's in the color Translucent Highlighting Glow, but I wouldn't say this is translucent if you're fair. I'm a MAC NC20 and this is just right for a sheer definition. If you're even lighter than I am, this could be a great shade for you! NYC claims that it brightens the skin, minimizes flaws, and helps to reduce shine. I think it does control shine, but I don't have oily skin so I'm not completely sure. It does state to be oil absorbing. It doesn't really minimize flaws or brightens my skin since I'm using it as a bronzer. This product is super cheap at $4.99 at the drugstore. I found out that there are other colors in this line: Translucent highlighting glow, pink cheek glow, bronze cheek glow, and rose cheek glow. All of these colors have 4 different shades, so there's really a wide variety. Next time I'm going to pick up the actual "bronze cheek glow" to test it out. But for know, I'm really liking this one. 

When you swatch it next to the Guerlain bronzer you wouldn't expect anything from this. But when you apply this with a brush, it just gives the slightest bit of contouring. I really love this on days when I just want some definition, but the main thing on my cheeks I want to have is blush. I love the fact that you don't have to be careful with this, since it's really easy to over bronze your face. 

 Just base make-up on

Guerlain Terracotta 4 seasons bronzer, all colors swirled together.

NYC Color Wheel in Translucent highlighting glow


So, spare yourself those $75 and go for the NYC Color Wheel. I'm not saying that this is a dupe by any means, but what I'm trying to say is that there are bronzers in thew drugstore that are just as good as this one. If you are in the market for an overpriced bronzer, this is something for you! Even though I find it really overpriced, it's the prettiest bronzer ever! It's probably the best quality bronzer you can find. So if you want to try it out, I'd say go for it. Have you tried any of the two out? And what did you think? XO












No comments

Post a Comment

LEIA ON FIRE. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.