QUOTE

3 Days of Easy Hairstyles

Tuesday, September 30, 2014


Hair is something lots of girls (and guys!) struggle with, most days I wear my hair plain and simple. I go for a pony tail or just letting those locks loose rather than styling my hair every single day. Lately I have been trying to experiment with hairstyles more often, and since no one really wants to spend hours doing their hair, I've got some tips.

First of all, I don't wash my hair every single day. So let's say it's Monday night, I'll wash my hair at night and let it air dry. The next morning, Tuesday, I will style it (most likely with heat) and I'll have it loose all day. On Wednesday I still want to enjoy the curls (or what not) of the previous day, but my hair does look a bit flat, so I'll do a half up half down hairstyle (or something else, it really depends.) On the third day, Thursday, my hair will be even flatter and maybe a tiny bit oily at the roots. So I'll wear my hair in a messy bun or a braid, etc. 

It's important to note that my hair doesn't get oily AT ALL. I think I could go up to 4 days without washing my hair OR using dry shampoo and I'll be okay. If your hair gets oily really quickly I recommend not washing your hair too often. It's proven that if you wash your hair every single day it'll make your hair oiler than if you wash it let's say every 3 days! Use dry shampoo and try and get through 2 days at least, eventually you'll see a difference. Enough chitchat, let's get started!

Day 1: 
It's morning and I have freshly washed hair. The night before I have combed my hair and put 2 pumps of Scruples Smooth Out straightening gel. This has a protective barrier in it for if I want to blow dry my hair (let's say I shower and wash my hair in the morning), but most importantly it helps with straightening my hair (I have quite wavy hair naturally). So in the morning I will add a bit of Arrojo Set & Style spray, to hold onto my curls for even longer. I divide my hair into two sections and start straightening quite carelessly. I don't want my hair to be completely straight, I just want the frizz and the unwanted waves to go. But first I'll spray a bit of shine spray (or something like that) for added shine into each section! 



Now comes the "difficult" part. Creating curls/waves with a flat iron! Step 1 is to go through my hair maybe twice, than I'll start somewhere halfway with the curl (I keep calling it curl, but it's more like a wave. See 5.) Than, step 2 is to turn the flat iron 180 degrees and keep on pulling down to go through all the hair (see 3 and 4). The more you turn you're flat iron the more curly your hair will be.

When I'm done with all my hair I finish it off with some hairspray!

Day 2, hairstyle 1:
For day 2 I have 2 hairstyles. Both very easy, but it will add something fun to your hair.
The first one is very simple, a braid going across your head just like a headband.


Start with a piece of hair from behind your ear. You can customize it however your want: small braid, big braid, two braids, etc. 

Than when you've got your braid, just bring it across your head and pin it behind your other ear. Now the pinning can be tricky, a good tip is to hairspray your pin and than putting it in your hair. It will act like a sort of glue, and will keep your braid in place!
 
And voilà, you're done!

Day 2, hairstyle 2:
The second, second-day hairstyle is a simple half up, half down hairdo. Grab all of your hair from your eyebrows up (so essentially, the crown of your head). Create some volume by teasing or when it's all pinned by pulling slightly to the front.

I like adding a bow or what not to hide the pins, but most importantly it looks oh so cute! A little bit of hairspray and you're good to go! Also you can still enjoy some of yesterday's curls.


Day 3:
Day 3 is quite easy for me, buns and ponytails. It all depends on what I'm wearing really, but I know some people have difficulties creating the perfect, messy bun. I think I do pretty good, so I'll show you how I do it.

Start with grabbing all of your hair into one ponytail. Don't secure it with an elastic band, but hold it tight with your hand (see 3). Than twist all of the remaining hair, just like if you'd make a ballerina bun. 


Step 4 is to slowly wrap the hair around and around until you've got your desired bun. Don't worry if it seems a bit stiff and tight, you can always loosen it up later.
 

I like working with elastic bands, but you can also use bobby pins if you like those better. So I wrap the elastic band around my bun and position it the way I like it. I pull some more, twist some more, pin some more until I'm happy with my bun.
 

Finally, I like to add something nice to my bun when I'm wearing a plain outfit. Like this elastic band of flowers made specifically to put around your bun. When I'm done I pull some of the baby hairs out to frame my face, and add hairspray. And really, it's that easy!

So these are SOME of the hairstyles I like to wear sometimes, not saying these are the only ones, and not saying this happens every week. But I do like them! Please let me know which one was your favorite and why! I love reading your comments so don't be shy! XO




No comments

Post a Comment

LEIA ON FIRE. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.