QUOTE

Wardrobe Makeover 101

Sunday, September 14, 2014


I'm going to spare you the different excuses I have for not posting anything in such a long time. Let's just jump in! I know many of you are going back to school (including myself!) so I thought it would be appropriate to write something concerning all new beginnings. New classes, new schools, new people. I always like to start the new school year fresh. I clean my entire room, I throw things away I don't need anymore, and I also clean out my wardrobe. Things that I haven't worn in months, things that have seen better days, things that are simply broken.. and I replace them with new things! And that's where the fun part comes, I go and restock some of my basics and buy some new seasonal items. I know that it can be a little bit overwhelming, so therefore I have some tips on how to give your wardrobe a solid makeover! 1. Just grab one item and ask yourself this: "Have I worn this in the past 2-3 months?" -- for winter clothes just think long and hard if you wore it a lot, or if you only wore it once or twice. Is the answer yes? Just get rid of it. Even if you think you might wear it some day. You probably won't. 2. Restock on your basics! Do you wear jeans almost everyday? You miiiight want to look into replacing some of your old, faded jeans. The same goes for basic T-shirts & sweaters. 3. When you've gone through all of your clothes, don't through anything away! I always first separate the "wearable, just not wearing it" and the "old and faded" so that I can pass some of the nicer pieces to, for example, my younger cousin. And the old and faded I donate to developing countries. 4. If you've gotten rid of quite some clothes and now you've only 3 T-shirts to wear. Well dear, it's time to shop! I recommend doing a big clean up every season, so now that we're going into fall you should go out and buy your AW staples. A good way to know how much you NEED to buy and SHOULD buy, is to count the items that you've gotten rid of. So let's say you threw out 4 sweaters, than don't buy more than 4 sweaters. 'Cause you don't need more. If there's a type of T-shirt that you threw out a lot, don't buy it again, go for something different this time. And so on! Now let's look at my closet! Before...


 
And after...

 

Now go on! Go and clean up your wardrobe! Let me know if this was even slightly helpful, that's why I do this anyway. Have more tips, please comment & share, XO

2 comments

  1. I love organising my wardrobe but it never stays clean for very long :) Lovely post xo
    Helena @ http://lifeinafewnutshells.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I'm like that too! But I'm trying really hard to keep it tidy.. XO

      Delete

LEIA ON FIRE. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.