QUOTE

Basics 101: The Gray Tee

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hello my gorgeous readers! I want to introduce a new series to my blog: Basics 101. Basically the point is to show you guys how I like to style some of my key pieces. So that you guys get some inspiration and an idea of what basics there are and you should have in your wardrobe. 'Cause you can do ANYTHING with basics. So for today: I wanna talk about The Gray Tee. The crème de la crème of basics. It doesn't matter what kind of style you have, The Gray Tee is a staple.
I'll show you 3 different outfits, styled all with the same shirt. Here we gooo.


 Shirt: Primark (but H&M have the best basics in my opinion!) | Trousers: H&M | Heels: H&M
Hat: Forever 21 | Bag: Primark | Jewelry: Primark

Whenever I go out to dinner (which rarely happens) or I just want to dress up for the occasion, I love combining something basic with something classic. This way you're comfortable, yet you look put together. I love gray and black together, but I do like to break it up with another neutral, which in this case is khaki-gray found in the heels. Also the necklace has a bit of cream and a bit of gold, which I find a nice contrast with the gray shirt. And as a finishing touch, the cherry on top of the cake: A nice big hat!

Leather jacket: Forever 21 | Jeans: American Eagle | Shoes: Nike Roshe Run
Bag: Susan Bijl | Jewelry: Primark

Now something that I'd wear on an everyday basis. Jeans and a t-shirt. But I do like to jazz it up a bit with a leather jacket, nice shoes, a nice bag etc. Speaking of bags, this bag I'm holding here is by a Dutch designer, Susan Bijl. She creates these amazing bags, which are kind of like a beach bag you could say. She says it's reminiscent of the plastic bag. But I use it for anything really. School, groceries, anything. It's waterproof and comes in many colors and sizes! Also, if you order online you get free international shipping on a purchase of 80 euros or more!

Skort: Primark | Over-the-knee socks: H&M | Shoes: Primark
Hat: Forever 21 | Bag: Coach | Jewelry: Primark

Last but not least, wearing a skirt with The Gray Tee, or in this case: a skort. I love over-the-knee socks, they add something extra to an outfit. Makes it look a bit cuter and a bit more significant. Great way to spice up an outfit even more. Love how it looks with really simple, black flats too. But you can really do whatever you want with it. This is not the only way to wear a gray shirt with a skirt, there are many ways! Just keep on experimenting, that's the secret of great fashion. Just keep trying!

If you have any questions/comments/tips pleeease leave a comment or send me a tweet! I love receiving messages from you guys <3 Much love, XO




No comments

Post a Comment

LEIA ON FIRE. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.